Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mexican Coke

My buddy Bill and his pal JC have been telling me for a while how badass Mexican Coke is. Evidently American coke is much different. The Mexican bottlers use real sugar. The American bottlers use corn syrup. I was on Central Avenue today and dropped into the Bienvenido Supermercado to pick one up. I walked inside and promptly asked, "Donde esta CocaCola?" The nice young lady pointed to a refrigerator two feet away from me. I paid, got into my vehicle and realized I lent my keychain bottle opener to Pallone a few weeks ago and it's been in Savannah since. I eventually got a bottle opener and drank it rather quickly. I was disappointed. It wasn't that great. Perhaps it's because I don't drink Coke very often. About one every month or two. It was just ok. I was really hoping the words '"Hecho en Mexico" would make a bigger difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Nice picture on the previous post. I don't think I have seen your face since you were in Maine. Well, unless you count the postcard I have of you, the Lady, and the dog on the fridge. I see that every day.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK BUTLER! (and thanks for commenting on my blog) - Your Cousin. Come see us at the beach soon!!!