Thursday, April 26, 2007

365 Days

369 days ago, I shot a story at an elementary school in West Charlotte. There was a cute teacher there and I asked her out. She said no. I figured that would be the case. I've never been real high on asking a girl out unless I've got a good idea they'll actually go out with me. Later that night Jim Travers, Mark Campbell and I went to the Charlotte Bobcats 2006 regular season finale. We sat in the team's luxury box with Hall of Famer M.L. Carr and drank a healthier than usual amount of free beer. I remember calling Kate and Adam at one point, I think they were coming back from the beach or something. I told Kate I was going to ask Jennifer out at the Gin Mill after the game. We got to the Mill, had a few beverages and I finally got the pelotas to ask her if I could buy her dinner that Saturday. I'll be damned, she said yes. Since she a vegetarian, I quickly recommended an Indian restaurant. Four days later, we were at Copper on a romantic April evening. We hit a couple of bars after dinner and had a nice time. I didn't throw any moves on her, though. The next week I asked her out again and for the last year she's yet to say no. Sunday we returned to Copper to celebrate one year together. It was another nice evening on East Boulevard.

I'm absolutely a better person now than I was a year ago. Not that I sucked before, but there are so many little things I think you learn from a significant other when you spend so much time together. I've learned a lot from Jennifer. I'm an extremely luck man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you've learned how to take such good self protraits of us! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats...you both are beaming in the photo