Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Loud Noises

Jennifer and I took our folks to dinner Saturday night so everyone could meet everybody and tell stories about things we did when we were little and stuff. It was a good time and our parents got along, too. At one point the conversation turned to plays and shows. I think my mom mentioned that STOMP! was in town this week and she didn't have tickets but really wanted to go. Yesterday she called and said there were still tickets available for this Sunday so Jennifer and I told her we'd go. Turns out there were only two tickets left for Sunday so mom and sister Anna will go. By this time Jennifer really wanted to go and was excited about it so I turned to my old friend Craig and found a nice lady named Wendy who wanted to sell her tickets to Saturday afternoon's show.

I met Wendy this afternoon in Davidson. I introduced myself, "Howdy, I'm Adam." Wendy said she recognized me from this blog which was weird since I didn't know Wendy and we'd only responded via email for about two hours this morning. She googled my name this morning to make sure her Stomp tickets weren't going to some jackass. After reading this blog and forwarding it to her sister in Thaint Louisth, she miraculously concluded I'm not a jackass. That's amazing. I took a picture of Wendy but for some reason didn't save it on my phone, which makes me a jackass. I saw STOMP! ten years ago in college and look forward to watching a bunch of dudes make cool sounds by beating the shit out of trash cans again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy. I'm the thisther, thanks for not carjacking the Burb....and have fun Stomping.