Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Disappointed

I continued my run of seeing local shows last Tuesday night. I screamed out of work and made it to The Visulite in time to catch most of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I had been looking forward to this show for months. They play a lot of BRMC on Sirius and the band has been getting a lot of good hype lately. Unfortunately, they really sucked. Maybe it was just me, but they did nothing for me. I like that they were really loud, but Brian Wilson pointed out one of the singers sounded a lot like Shirley Manson who fronts Garbage. There's nothing cool about a dude that sounds like Shirley.

I went to the show solo figuring I'd run into someone I knew and I'll be damned if lots of good people were there. I was thinking earlier that afternoon I'd only been to the Thirsty Beaver twice. Dear friends of mine open a bar and I've been there twice in the four months it's been open. That's disgusting. I'm an asshole. At least I got to see Brian and Shelia at the show. Campbell was there downing Rolling Rocks and Dan Freakin' Dunn was there, too. Brian and I worked with Dan in Mooresville years ago and he now works for Speed. Danimal whips ass. Brian, Campbell and Shelia whip ass, too. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club doesn't.

No comments: