Friday, August 15, 2008

Hey, Look! A Church!

There it is. St. Mary's Chapel east of uptown Charlotte, USA. That's where Jennifer and I marry in a little more than two months. I visited for the second time today. The first time was probably in 2000 when Tara Lane married there. I didn't know Tara then, I was simply a date for one of her then-coworkers. Anywho, it's a beautiful setting, especially in the fall.
Jennifer and I met Mom and sister Anna at the church Friday afternoon to test out some decorations. Luckily the chapel has a ton of character on it's own and doesn't need that many flowers. Jennifer asked me what I thought and shockingly I had little insight to offer. I said they looked good while the ladies(along with a few other future brides checking out the chapel) kept mixing, matching, measuring and taking pictures to make sure everything looked good.

I knew the chapel was tiny, but my gracious it's small. 125 people can allegedly fit in there. I'm not sure how but I guess it will happen. I'm glad I'll be standing.

Actually being in the church helps you realize it's actually happening. It's not talking about it, tasting a cake, looking at limos on the interweb or dreaming of honeymoons. We're marrying for real, and it doesn't suck.

No comments: