Monday, August 11, 2008

I Needed a Shower

I got up at 7:30 Saturday morning. Understand that I don't ever get up that early unless it's for golf or something spectacularly awesome. Unfortunately, this time it was for yard work. A TON of it. I've been messing around with a large bed in the yard that was full of old leaves, pine needles, weeds, a baby snake, yellow jackets and some old shrubs that looked like ass. I spent several hours on it one day last month and decided to finish it Saturday morning. I started early so I could take advantage of the temperature in the 60's. After spending five or ten minutes putting on my shoes and yard pants(I quit wearing shorts in the yard after the spider bite,) off to work I went. It took about three solid hours of weed pulling and NPR listening to get it done. By the way, I highly recommend National Public Radio on the weekends. Yes, I know taxpayers subsidize eight percent of their operating budgets and I'm against all things we have to unwillingly pay for, but that doesn't mean it isn't great radio. Unfortunately I couldn't listen that afternoon for the two hours of grass cutting, weed-eating, edging and blowing.After finishing the yard the Panthers had their pre-season opener Saturday night but why go to a football game when you can go to a baby shower?!?! Sure I was disappointed to miss a Panthers home game. It's rare I miss them but the shower was for Jennifer's best friend Erika and her husband Mike(who may or may not have fixed the air conditioner in my truck for less than $250.) It was more of a big assed party with some baby presents at the end. There was a huge deck, a huge grill, tons of cold beer, tons of good food and even beer pong. It was my first baby shower, but I imagine it was better than most. We had a good time. For the record, Jennifer told me to go to the game so I did indeed go to the shower on my own accord. I'm glad I did, and not just because I got to snap this picture.

No comments: