Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Cleaning Out the Cell Phone Part Two

Broders and I went to Charleston last summer for the CNN YouTube democratic presidential debate. It was surprisingly easy and painless to cover despite the amount of press. I remember the food being really good, too. We talked to Anderson Cooper and he was actually a heck of a nice guy. I wasn't expecting him to be rude or anything, but he was very cool. So cool that a local reporter embarrassingly asked to take a picture with him after the interview. Weak.
Broders got somewhat excited when we saw Candy Crowley. I had never seen or heard of her until that night. That's how much CNN I watch. I'm a Fox guy for news and MSNBC for politics. CNN has never done it for me. I think I remember her being pretty nice, too.
Our Raleigh Sports Director Jim Connors came down for the ACC tourney in March. I was running audio for the show when I looked up during a package and realized the size difference between he and Solarte. All it took was a couple of director's chairs to make Solarte look more of a giant than he already is.

I had a pretty good view of the NCAA regional final in Detroit between Davidson and Kansas. I wasn't sure if I could take a picture or not so please excuse this poorly framed shot. If you look closely on the far left, you can see Stephen Curry.

Lots of racin' the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned...

No comments: