Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Catching Up

Sorry folks, I've been busy and haven't had much time to write. Actually, that's a lie. I've had plenty of time, I just haven't wanted to or felt like doing something else.

A good bit of my time recently has been spent looking at houses. I've found a couple I like. One I really like with a big assed fenced yard that would be good for dogs(hehe, I accidentally typed dongs the first time I wrote that.) It's exactly six minutes and zero stoplights from uptown. If that one doesn't work, I've seen a couple of very cool houses in Belmont. It's the same distance from uptown as Mint Hill, just in another county. My pal Tracy and his family live there, so I'd have some built in friends already in the area. My mortgage pal said I can borrow a bunch of money. I told him he was crazy for giving me that much, so I'm aiming about $30,000 dollars less that what he told me I could spend. It's nice to know he's got faith in my finances. I'm in house mode 100 percent of the time these days. I look at our stories at the beginning of the day and volunteer to shoot those near houses I'm looking at. I was able to check out three or four in Belmont yesterday. That's a good perk of my job. Instead of eating lunch, I looked at houses. After I'm done with the evening live shot, I look at houses.


For whatever reason, I've been in a cooking mood in the last few weeks. I enjoy watching the Food Network. The Lady and I like to watch and be hungry. Anyway, I wanted to cook The Lady a real nice dinner. In damn near nine months, this was the first time I'd cooked for her. It was long overdue. So, a couple of weeks ago I went to the Food Network website and typed VEGETARIAN in the search engine. I was greeted with more than 4,000 recipes. A bit overwhelmed, I looked at several of them. I wanted something easy, tasty, and a little fancy. I found something tasty and fancy, but not easy. Steamed Vegetarian Dumplings! Oh my! They really weren't that difficult to make. It just took a long time. You cut up tofu, carrots, peppers, cilantro, scallions and a few other things. Mix them in sesame oil and soy sauce and Wham-O!! you've got filling for dumplings. Here comes the time consuming part. You take wanton wrappers, brush the edges in water, put a small amount of the filling in them and seal them up. This took a long effing time. I think we ate dinner at 9:00, but they were damn good. If you spice up the tofu or buy the tofu that's already in some kind of spicy marinade, it really doesn't suck too bad. I'm going to do some whip ass wings for the annual Jim Travers super bowl party next Sunday. Everyone's invited.

No comments: