Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Ass is Huge

I'm not big on resolutions for the New Year. I think if you want to do something, do it. Don't wait until next year. This year I decided to make one. Eat better!! Since I'll have my Butler Family Heart Attack in my 40's, I really want it to be a small one. So, I quit eating horrible foods. I've been bringing my dinner to work four nights a week. I've been eating a lot of organic stuff, whole grains and fruit. I've been eating less meat, pretty much cutting out beef. I had two bites of a cheeseburger on the way back from New Orleans and a cup of vegetable beef soup my dad made a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, no beef(Don't worry, I'll still be eating a filet when I'm at a steakhouse.) Seafood is my friend when I'm out for a nice meal and still want to eat healthy. Sundays are the only day I let loose and eat food that's not terrific for me. I feel pretty good eating well. I'm hungry, though. I didn't do this to lose weight, but damn if I'm not getting skinny.
I've been between 178 and 1-82 for the last week or so. This is as skinny as I've been in five years. When I was working at NBC sitting in a chair taking feeds and smoking a pack of cigarettes every day, I was up to 210 pounds. Now I think I'm too skinny. Back to the Y I go. Maybe some of the New Years resolution folks working out have gotten over it and I'll be able to find a treadmill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Markertek catalog I spy under that scale?