Monday, January 29, 2007

High Point and Greenville Come to Charlotte

Colonel Corn called me early last week and told me Lenslinger and JL from Little Lost Robot would be in town this weekend for an evening of cold beer drinking and shop talking. I didn't know either one of these gentleman, but their blogs are legendary. Lenslinger(Stewart) is a better writer than any reporter you know. I don't know if he was the first photog blogger, but the popularity of his blog and the publicity it gets on other websites has turned him into one of the better known photographers in the country. JL has traversed the country shooting news. He was in Portland but moved to Greenville, SC last year. I like JL. I like him because he got drunk, fell out of a golf cart, ruined his camera and is proud to tell it. The LCD screen on the back is useless, and the old school viewfinder is fogged over. You really can't see a thing, but he still gets good pictures out of it. Stewart's Dad, Dick, left Greenville, NC Saturday morning, picked up Stewart and drove down to Charlotte. They met up with Ken and JL, went to Southpark, ate a piece of cow ass at Manzetti's, and then went to the Double Door where I got up with them.
Ken told me that Stewart is a big fan of the blues. There is no better place to see blues in Charlotte than the Double Door. I told Ken that's the only place I know of. Unfortunately, there were no such blues Saturday night. A band from Charlotte known as Weedeater Deluxe got on stage. They describe their music as True Stoner Rock. I don't know what it was, but it certainly did suck. We only stuck around for two songs so I suppose they may have sucked less as the night went on. Sorry guys, come back to Charlotte on a Monday night. Saturday night was good. I got to meet three new people and see Ken drink Miller Genuine Draft instead of shoot tape. Saturday night wasn't good for this dude. He was in the Double Door Parking lot and appeared to have had ten or twelve too many MGD's. I hope that was his car.

No comments: