Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hey, Let's Clean Out the Cell Phone!!!

To borrow a favorite feature from Blog Bronis, I was looking through my cell phone and saw some pics from the last couple of weeks I meant to throw up here. Here she blows!!!!
Here's a random New Years Eve picture from Jackson Square in New Orleans. The Lady has the beer, and I've got the fruity Hand Grenade. Go figure. I really want to go back to New Orleans. I haven't enjoyed telling everyone about a vacation this much since I went to London in 4th grade.
Mom was uptown Friday so we met for lunch at quite possibly the best restaurant in Charlotte, USA. Dish is on Thomas Avenue in Midwood and it whips a ton of ass. Modern, southern, home cooking is the only way I can describe it. Every meal comes with a biscuit and a deviled egg!! I went with the cornmeal crusted grouper which they always served with a raspberry reduction sauce. Oh, my!!! Mom got the Chicken and Dumplings. Wow. If you haven't been to Dish, go sooner than later. Mom and I had some good, yet weird conversation. Someone remind me to talk about that next week.
Saturday I rolled down to Oakboro to help Shawn and Jenny paint their house with about three hundred other family members and friends. They are remodeling a cool old house and found these Pepsi and Mountain Dew cans with a note written on wallpaper saying something like, "Left here in 1970." It was cool. I think Shawn was going to drop in a couple of things in one of their new walls for someone to find down the road. They hope to move into their house by the end of the month. They've been working hard down there.
Watch out everyone!!!! Smithwick's is making it's rounds to a grocery store near you. It's even in Mint Hill. It's cool, yet not cool at the same time. I now have to choose between High Life Light, PBR, and Smithwick's for the house beverage.


As I said before, look for some updates soon on good yet weird and awkward conversations with Mom. Also, I had my job review last week. It went well, but so have the last eight I've had. I really, really, really, really need to do something else. Not that I don't enjoy what I'm doing, but I'm not going to get any better at what I do than I am now. Well, I could, but I don't know that I really care to. I guess I do, but the only challenge these days is lighting up live shots at night, and trying to set the up faster and faster each time. That's not good. Look for a career change soon, or at least heading in that direction. More later, everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hurry up with that career change, we'd like to see you at poker again on Tuesday nights!