Friday, March 02, 2007

The Colonel is Alive and Well

Many of you may have linked over to the Ken Corn's blog in in the past. Ken has always been good for an interesting read every week. Sometimes he talked about work, other times he focused on his family. Unfortunately some of his postings were evidently taken a bit too seriously in the last few weeks. Ken, being the laid back dude that it is decided to kill his original blog rather than upset anyone. Don't fret for Ken, though. He's not feeling sorry for himself. No, not at all. In fact, he's already started up a new blog with a new purpose. He's traveling to Kenya later with his church to document their mission trip and is currently raising a ton of cash to help offset the costs of his trip.

Ken's still getting it done on the newsgathering side. Last Friday whilst covering an old fashioned sunny afternoon murder in East Charlotte. I was scrambling to get a quick vo when when I saw the police captain giving interviews. I quickly dropped my tripod behind my truck so I wouldn't forget them and got the interview. I rolled out of there to get video of the victim's stolen car a few miles away and realized I had no sticks. They were still behind where my truck was parked. Oops. Luckily Ken was there and held my shaky Cartonis for safekeeping until I returned.

Go check out Ken's new blog, and if you have some spare change or even some spare hundreds, he can put it to good use.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Thanks for the plug my man. I feel a little disconnected from the blogging gang but you are keeping me alive in cyberspace.

Thanks for begging for dollars for me too. I'm not very good at asking for money. I'll have to go check the paypal account to see if your plug worked.

Hope all is well at the News14 camp.