Friday, March 09, 2007

It's Late, I Mean Early

It's 2:23 AM here in Charlotte, USA. I've been on the interweb for the last couple of hours on a great run of surfing. I got on MySpace to see if my pal Steve reviewed Zodiac via a blog update. That got me in one big MySpace chain reaction. I don't really do the MySpace thing, but I did create a page to redirect people to this blog. At first, I decided I was too cool for friends but I've relented and am happy to be your friend even though I do nothing to my page. MySpace is out of control. I've found old friends that are now married with kids, moved to Germany to design shoes, working for politicians on Crapital Hill and all sorts of exciting stuff. Then that leads to Google searches and you find other things out like one guy whose sister I took to the Prom one year was featured in a Washington Post story about interracial couples. Random and awesome! I see all of these friends and I'd love to get in touch with them. Then I started thinking about the friends I have here who I haven't called or seen in a while. Here's a few:
Jay - We used to get together for a steak every other Sunday back when I was eating steak on a regular basis. (By the way, I had my first steak in probably three or four months a couple of weeks ago at Sullivans for The Lady's dad's 60th birthday. My filet was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. I'll probably feel differently about it next time I'm at Morton's.) I don't think I've seen Jay in four or five months.
Wes - He lives here in town. We've been friends since college. We tried to do lunch a few weeks ago near his office in the University area of town but a bomb threat in Southwest Charlotte ruined those plans. I don't think I've seen him since probably November.
The Wilson Family - I saw Brian and Mark at the Gin Mill the night Kate Barker left for Maine. That was probably six weeks ago. I should have seen them at the Unknown Hinson show a couple of weeks ago, but I had to sing at a funeral the next morning so I bitched out and didn't make the show. I've made no effort to see them in months. In fact, the last time I went over there was for a story January 17th! I happened to be doing a live shot outside Brian's store and went over and said Hello.
These are all good friends and I've no clue what they've been doing for the last few months. I suck. I'm sorry everyone. I really am. I miss my old friends.

I returned to the Gin Mill Wednesday night for my first media night in a while. The Lady is still battling a cold so I made a go of it with Tim Baier and eventually others from the station. I saw old friends there, too. It was great. I'll be getting out more in the near future and I'm dragging The Lady along with me. I haven't told her about this yet. The best part of my day is leaving work, heading to The Lady's domicile and sitting on the couch with she and the dog. Sometimes we watch television. Mainly it's just on King of the Hill for background noise whilst we talk about whatever it is that's going on. I love that part of the day, we have a blast. That won't stop, but we need to get out more. Luckily she's cool.
It's now 3:00. I'm not tired but I'm headed for bed anyway. Maybe I'll find a house today.

No comments: