Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yorning For More

When I lived with Jenny way back in the day she'd listen to Pete Yorn. He didn't necessarily do much for me, but I didn't hate the guy either. I hadn't thought much about him again until they started playing one of his new tunes on Sirius. It didn't suck too bad. I noticed he was coming to Charlotte to play Amos' Sunday, made a call to Jenny and a few minutes later we had a group of eight going to the show. It was Jenny, Shawn, Christy, Pete, Travers, Campbell, The Lady, and myself.
There was a big crowd there. Almost as many people as there were to see Echo and the Bunnnymen last year. That's correct, I saw Echo and the Bunnymen and they actually whipped ass. Good people watching, too. Pete Yorn was fine. He didn't blow the place out, however I tend to prefer a band that will play as loud as they can and then double the volume. He didn't suck, but it was by no means one of my favorite shows. He probably could have gotten a free bowl of soup with that hat he put on for three or four songs.
Luckily the company we were with didn't suck. Tickets were 20 bucks. After the show, a few ladies were walking around with boxes of Pete Yorn's new CD. If you bought one, you got a bracelet to meet Pete Yorn and get his autograph on the $15 CD. So, if you spent $35 Sunday night, you got to mete Pete Yorn. That's weak. When I got home I was still kind of pissed about it. Not that I wanted to meet Pete Yorn, but they were charging you to get a bracelet that allowed you to meet him. Evidently spending $20 to see him wasn't enough. I decided to be a big dork and try to piss of some Pete yorn fans. It worked!
We had a great time anyway. I went to get a beverage during the show and Alexis from the Dolce Vita Wine Bar in North Davidson grabbed my ass. I'll just assume he was drunk. He told me Brian was there and I'll be damned if he wasn't. I certainly didn't expect to see Brian there, but it was good to see him, Paige, Alexis, and this random lady in the pink shirt.

1 comment:

-AcesFull said...

I went to the Pete Yorn site as well, and voiced as a back up for ya....what a bunch of tools.