Monday, March 24, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Part 2

We are loyal to the Gin Mill which meant we had to make it there for one pint before the last train left uptown. We waited a while for the train which gave Campbell time to catch a "nap."
Here's the inside of the train car which is like every other train car in America I guess. These don't smell bad yet since they're only a few months old. The train has been rather convenient since service began, especially after beer drinking.
Once at The Gin Mill, we had to work fast. We arrived at 12:52 and the last train left the Bland St. stop at 01:08. The three of us stumbled in to a small crowd finishing the last of their pints. I vaguely remember ordering two Smithwick's. Evidently I paid for them. Travers and I finished ours at 1:06, hauled and made the train despite Solarte trying to force another beer on us and Travers busting his ass as we got to the train.We jumped off the train at the Woodlawn stop, a mere 7/10's of a mile away from Travers' house. The walk was easy after so many beers and here's a picture we took only because of those many beers.

I got hammered St. Patrick's Day. Extremely inebriated. I haven't been that drunk since every Panthers game day from 2001-2005. I don't go out to get drunk, but once I got to Connolly's with a train for a ride and a place to crash it was off to the races. I even had two or three pints of Guinness which I never drink. It didn't matter. Looking back, I even did some dancing Monday night. I never do that either, which means I was indeed goober hammered.

I paid dearly for it Tuesday. I slept terribly, waking up several times shivering even though I wasn't cold and the walk back to the train station the next morning was brutal. 7/10's of a mile is much worse hungover. I had to stop at the Walgreen's to get a bottle of Gatorade and a bottle of water. Tuesday was a rather long day at the shop, too. Needless to say I got no sympathy from Jennifer.

I can't say I won't get that drunk again, but it won't be next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality.
-M

Anonymous said...

way to go! being drunk is special. (ps. when we gonna get pics of the house?)