Friday, July 25, 2008

Drano and Groceries

Tim Baier asked me last week if I wanted to play in the Wyndham Championship Media Day Tourney Thursday. I thought about it for about thirty seconds and said, "You Betcha!" Tournament Organizers moved the competition back to Greensboro's Sedgefield Country Club this year and it's in tremendous shape! The greens were some of the most beautiful I'd seen, the best with the exception of Augusta. I'll be honest. I wanted to take my pants off and roll around them for a while they looked so damned good. I played with a fellow Charlotte media pal and a couple of Greensboro people. One was a radio guy who has been in the business for years. It's always good to talk go people who have been in broadcasting four times longer than I. It helps me realize I've a lot to look forward to.
Once I got back to Mecklenburg County I hopped on I-485 and was surprised to see a big assed shopping cart cruising down the interstate at 80 miles per hour. I sped up to get a better look and realized there was a big block V-8 attached to the bottom and some tennis balls capping the cylinders. I snapped this photo, sped passed it and realized I helped pay for it and there's a great chance you did, too! Yep, the State of North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services decided a good idea to promote North Carolina Agriculture with a big fucking shopping cart. Yep, a big fucking shopping cart. Ain't government great?

No comments: