Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hardware

When I bought Jennifer's engagement ring in December, Friendly Officer Tim and I went to Diamonds Direct Southpark for a couple of different reasons. I'd heard it had ridiculously low prices, and it's the official jeweler of the Carolina Panthers. Those two were good enough for me. I figured my work was done there after the engagement, but I forgot about wedding rings. Oops. Diamonds Direct had a big assed designer sale last weekend. We went and saw my pal Tama, but the store was packed. Looking at rings in the cases was not unlike trying to get a Miller High Life at a crowded bar not unlike the Thirsty Beaver Saloon on Central Ave. at Hawthorne. It's a good place to drink beer. Go check it out.

Anyway, because it was so busy, Tama told us to come back Tuesday and she'd still give us the discount. Jennifer found one with some pretty diamonds on it that wasn't terribly expensive. I found a titanium band for 96 bucks. Touchdown! If titanium is good enough for Taylor Made, it's good enough for me and it was 500 dollars less than the other ring I was looking at. Ring shopping wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. Plus, all of the employees thought Jennifer was one of their co-workers. Turns out Jennifer looks just like one of their sales ladies who used to be a swimsuit model. Touchdown!

1 comment:

ME said...

I have to keep this post from the Old Mare. She sees that you bought a diamond wedding band she's bound to bugs the crap out of me. THANKS DUDE... Shhhhhhh