Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ed

Dad turned 55 Monday. That meant it was time to party Sunday afternoon at the ole' Butler Homestead. Cousin Wayne, Aunt Agnes, Aunt Bibus and Uncle Ben made their way from Monroe to join Mom, Dad, Jennifer, Brad and myself for chicken and potato salad. The afternoon was full of guffaws that are the norm when Wayne, Bibus and Dad get together. They spend their time talking about how much they got in trouble as kids and laugh hysterically about it. It never gets old.

Speaking of old, Dad claimed to have an ingrown hair in his mustache and shaved that bitch off last week for only the second time in 33 years. In fact, it's allegedly the first time I've seen him without it in my life. I think it looks pretty good, but Mom begs to differ. I've a feeling it'll be back sooner than later.

No comments: