Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Thursday

Jennifer and I got up at the crack of 9:15 this morning to start preparing the kitchen cabinets for painting this weekend. We're turning them from stained to white. Chances are it will suck, but I'm sure it will look better. I've lucked out of priming since she has Friday off and her mom has agreed to help out. Touchdown! After sanding we hurried uptown to Tizzerts for our third wedding cake tasting. All the cake has been extremely tasty. The other two places gave us a plate of cake as soon as walked in. Tizzerts made is wait thirty minutes while we perused two big assed books of cakes they've made through the years. Some are ugly, others are pretty neat looking. The lady here actually took a lot of time with us. She tried to get a feel for exactly what we wanted and came up with a couple of neat ideas with help from Jennifer. I provided important insight such as, "That looks neat." And, "That's pretty cool." We liked this lady and the cake whipped ass. We've one more tasting Monday but I think we'll end up going with the one we tasted today. Another task off the list. Up next, we're picking out wedding bands this weekend. Oh Boy!
At work, we only had one reporter this evening rendering this the slowest Thursday I've had here in more than six years. I had one story this afternoon. Yet another wind tunnel opened. I've been to three of these in my television career. The first was back in 2000 when a small tunnel opened in Mooresville. The second was in 2002 when our old chief meterologist and I went to a different Mooresville tunnel for a story on hurricanes. They strapped him in and did some hurricane force wind testing on the weather guy. Today was business as usual as far was wind tunnels go. A huge room featuring a big assed fan complete with a stock car to paint the picture for television viewers. I'd say it was exciting but today's tour didn't include a demonstration. Weak. It is Concord's first wind tunnel which is really exciting if you own a race team located in Cabarrus County.
Since it was indeed a slow Thursday I went to the house for dinner to let Carmen out for a run. The previous owner had an 85 pound golden retriever he kept in the enormous pen featured behind Carmen. She likes to go smell it and look around for a while. In fact, that's all she did for 15 minutes. She never even hit the whizzer. I was disappointed. Here's to a more exciting Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude,
as a casual reader and full time married guy, I need to comment on your impending wedding band shopping. I remember when I did that, and pretty much f'd it up. She was looking at two bands to go around the ring that I gave her for engagement. I said 'Why do you need two?' Dumb, dumb, dumb. She said "Fine" then walked out of the store.

I then said to the clerk "We'll take two." Remember that before you say ANYTHING at the store.

Have a great day shopping!!!