Friday, January 11, 2008

Holiday Wrap

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. The Lady had to work early Christmas morning so we spent Christmas Eve together. We didn't give big presents since we spent all our money going to New York City for a few days earlier in December, but we had a nice evening and Christmas morning regardless. I was at the Butler Homestead by 9 and we opened presents before lunch. I'm holding damn near everything I got in my arms in that Christmas Morning picture. Highlights were a digital picture frame and a big package of Big Red. Oh, and a personalized Bobcats Jersey and some running shoes. We ate lunch and I headed to work for an easy eight hours of holiday pay. I took a bunch of leftovers in with me so I didn't have to eat Chinese.
Christmas night there was a murder in Mint Hill at Rookie's Sports Bar. It's in a newer strip mall on the north side of my hometown. It's weird to cover murders that happen fifty yards away from where you shop for organic potato chips, apples and ass paper. Fellow Mint Hill native Broders and I did our best, "I'm shocked! I can't believe it happened in a quiet place like Mint Hill" impressions. I suppose it is pretty shocking for the average Mint Hillian. It appeared to be some sort of drug deal involving some trashy folks. Gunfire ensued. Hooray!!!I used my final vacation day of the year New Year's Eve. I hate working that night. I always end up physically kicking people off the hood of my sat buggy. One year some dude thought Travers hit a pregnant lady and wanted to kick his ass. By the way, Jim finally put up the Halloween 2006 Party Pics up a couple of months ago. Anyway, kicking drunks off of your work unit is not a great way to celebrate the new year. We began the evening at Blue, a fancy uptown restaurant. We had a nice dinner with friends Mike and Erika. I ordered the whole sea bass with some sort of risotto. The waiter filleted it at the table and it was quite good. The Lady went with some sort of falafel and pita. it looked pretty good but I didn't' try it. I also tried Grolsch beer for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. We left Blue and dropped by Bill's house for a glass of wine and visitation. I hadn't seen Bill in a while and hadn't seen his wife since their wedding more than two years ago. He also got to meet The Lady and informed me the next day that I out kicked my coverage.

We got home around 11:30 and uncorked the 15 dollar bottle of champagne I picked up earlier in the week. We drank the bottle and went to bed pretty early ending what I think was a spectacular 2007. Except for the Panthers missing the playoffs. That sucked.

1 comment:

Lenslinger said...

No offense, but yer girlie's damn cute.