Monday, January 14, 2008

Whoremet

Sunday night The Lady and I typically watch football. Yes, I realize how effing awesome that is. The love of my life enjoys sitting on the couch and watching football. With the regular season over, we've no football to watch which means we're done watching The Amazing Race by about 9:30. By then, we're bored. I headed towards her place around nine and got a feeling I should cook dinner. It's not something either one of us do often because we both work nights. Even then, I cook far less than she. I dropped by the Lowe's Foods and decided on stir-fry tofu with couscous. I shat on tofu for years as not tasting good, but after years with vegetarians, it's not so bad. There's not much taste but when you fry it up in steaming hot sesame oil with vegetables, it's filling and tasty. Bored with rice I grabbed a box of toasted pine nut couscous. It was stupid easy to make and tasted great.

After ten minutes of cooking I realized the food I'd prepared looked really good. The Lady tasted it and agreed. I wish it had actually been hard to make. We watched The Food Network later on and I was feeling all badass like I could cook. I realized all I did was dump tofu and vegetables in a pan and stir them around for 12 minutes. Then I boiled some water, stirred in some olive oil, spices and semolina wheat pasta and proceeded to let it sit there for five minutes. There was zero degree of difficulty. At least it tasted good. I think I may cook again next Sunday. Maybe I'll do something more difficult. It may suck.

No comments: