Thursday, January 17, 2008

TBP

Covering Mayor Pat's announcement gave me the rare opportunity to play poker at Travers' Tuesday night. Absolutely nothings changed. Well, except for a new table which may or may not have had Smithwick's spilled on it. And everyone's a better poker player, too.
Jim also has a sweet new logo on his tournament manager software. I played a lot better than I thought I would considering it was only the second time I'd played in probably eight months. I ended up finishing third which would have put me in the money if we were actually playing for money.
While the poker tournament is important, more important was the beer drinking and gas competition. Television's own Kris Cook and Travers opened with impressive efforts, but the newly humble Tracy Hollifield blasted one that covered the entire table and even sent one player outside. Congratulations Tracy!

No comments: