Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Miss Music

Many of you know how much I love Sirius Satellite Radio. Many of you also know how much I love Howard Stern. Both of them are life changing if you spend more than ten minutes in a vehicle every day. I spend no less than an hour in a vehicle every day, and some days as much as four or six hours driving. I drive 25 minutes to work, then put my satellite radio in my live truck. Howard's show starts at 6 a.m. and typically goes until 11 a.m. It's then replayed all day so most of the time I'll hear the entire show in my daily travels.

Listening to so much Stern keeps me from listening to any music. Thank God Howard takes Fridays off and I make it all music all the time Fridays. Last Friday morning after leaving The Lady's my favorite Sirius channel ripped off thirty minutes of absolutely whip ass music. It was a run of tunes that set my mood for the rest of the day. I smiled a sincere smile on the interstate as I guided my pickup truck to the house. I loved it.

It made me realize I need to listen to less Howard and more music. I don't think it's going to happen since the Howard Stern show makes me piss my pants and entertains me so much on a daily basis, but I at least need to give it an effort. Through Wednesday I've still pretty much been all Howard. Wish me luck. Please.

1 comment:

Captain Hangover said...

Trust me and do it!!! I even stopped watching TV thanks to the writer's strike.

I've discovered so much good music out there. I'm really into late 60's rock. And who knew a punk rock kid like me would love the Beatles. I love to wiki the song name and find out the history.