Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another Day, Another Sony

My new camera arrived yesterday and it's first assignment was a big rally to bring baseball uptown. As soon as I parked, this gentleman walked up to me with his dog and asked if it could be on television. I politely declined his request but told him I'd take his picture instead.
A bunch of people were at this rally. I'd say a few hundred. It will be touted as a success because so many people showed up, but if you have a rally at Wachovia Plaza where thousands of bankers work and give away free popcorn and cracker jack, chances are you'll have a good crowd. The Knights will eventually get a stadium uptown courtesy of the taxpayers and that's unfortunate. However, it will whip a lot of ass when it happens. I look forward to leaving work and walking to a ballgame someday.
Homer the Dragon supports baseball in uptown. Kate Barker has no opinion since she's a journalist. Homer is possibly the best mascot in professional sports.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don'te forget - the rally is held at lunchtime, too!
Insta-crowd.
Center City Partners knows how to stage... uh... I mean host an event.