Monday, October 09, 2006

Nothing Dry About This Wedding

The wedding season is over, I think. A college friend of The Lady got married in Wilmington Sunday afternoon in the beautiful St. Thomas Preservation Hall. The building was built in the early 1800's and is rather popular for matrimony and rightfully so. I'm by no means a wedding connoisseur, but I've been priveleged to attend two really nice weddings in the last three weeks.

I met Ashley approximately ten seconds before this picture. I asked her to pose for a picture, and she replied, 'Oh, is it for the blog?' Evidently this website is making the rounds amongst strangers on the other side of the state. Who knew? Ashley smiled more in three hours Sunday afternoon than I have in three years, and I smile a lot. She walked in the door to roll down the aisle and she damn near jumped through the roof 40 feet above. I've seen happy brides. Ashley was in a delirious bliss that I'm certain won't end until about March or April. It was neat.
I got to meet a lot of the The Lady's friends from college. It was great to put voices to all of these pictures I've seen over the last six months. We all had two meals together over the weekend and they were great. Good food, drinks, and really good company. I've always opined that your closest friends are a direct reflection of yourself. The Lady's friends in Wilmington are wonderful people.
Two of those people are Roger and Kate. They were kind enough to let us stay at their house for the weekend and drive us around post beverage consumption. Roger and Kate don't suck. In fact, they whip a lot of ass. And if you are looking to adopt a pet, a Boston Terrier is a fine choice.
The Lady won a contest at the wedding. Four married or commited men were surveyed about who had the best boobs. She won unanimously. I tried unsuccessfully to get a real picture of the award winners. I'm sure she was happy to spend a weekend with all of her best friends and see one of them get married, but I very sincerely think this was the highlight of her weekend.
I'm glad she's around to pretty up pictures I happen to be in. We went to the wedding, met friends, made new ones, saw a happy couple, drank free beer, and the Panthers beat the Browns. Sunday didn't suck.

No comments: