Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Vacation is Good

Getting out of town is always good. The Lady and I left around noon Wednesday and hit up the Blue Ridge Parkway for a few miles before heading to Valle Crucis. For some reason I hadn't been on the Parkway in several years. I'd forgotten how cool it is. Click on the picture above for a big assed shot of some beautiful scenery.
We stayed at The Baird House. It was my first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast(a B&B if you are cool.) It was great. Almost like staying with relatives, except they are strangers.
The Watauga River runs across the street. Weather was beautiful the first two days. Made it nice for a stroll down by the riverbank.
Tom and Deede Hinson are the innkeepers. I felt at home as soon as I got in the door. Deede whips up breakfast every morning. Our favorites were the pumpkin pancakes, hashbrown casserole, and dill eggs. Here's how our days went. Fall asleep before eleven, wake up at 8:50. Walk over for a huge breakfast. Go back to bed until noon. Take showers, drive around and to mountain stuff until dark. Find a nice restaurant for dinner. Eat, start over again. It's a great way to spend a few days. We had a great time. Oh yeah, we also killed a bottle of wine Friday night. I don't typically drink wine, and I don't know that I'll be doing it again soon, but it was fun.
Oh, and after we saw this picture, The Lady and I decided to quit television and be professional models.

5 comments:

-AcesFull said...

She has a future in modelling...you...maybe a photographer, or something like it.

Kenneth said...

sounds like a pre-honeymoon to me. I took my then new girlfriend to Charleston to stay in a Bed and Breakfast for a few days. We were married a year later. Be afraid, Be very afraid.

Anonymous said...

ya bastard. you just had my honeymoon without the stress of planning a wedding. i mean, you seriously just described shawn's and my schedule....right down to the drinking wine when you normally don't. this means you forfeit the right to a honeymoon when you do get married cause you just had one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I think the post should have more info then it has.