Thursday, October 19, 2006

Back For a Week from Texass

Many of you know my friend Sherrie. We both worked our first television jobs together starting back in 1999. Wow, I'm old. She also used to buy beer for me when I was underage and is basically the big sister I never had. I've always tried to help her through different relationships, and she always tried to hook me up with other girls. She even let me go out with her sister a couple of times. Sherrie moved to Houston a few months ago to work for Disney juggernaut KTRK. She's back in town this week to see her family and old friends. We ended up at Mac's speed shop last night for a beverage. Mac's is always a good place to go. They have good food and generally cheap beer. There was a huge crowd last night, but a really horrible band. They were ruining legendary country music songs for hours.
The Lady, Brian, and Mark also joined the festivities. They were a lot cooler than us since they actually rolled up to the motorcycle bar on motorcycles. That random womern there between Sherrie and Mark was there with her boyfriend and 13 month old child. She was also falling down drunk. Evidently her boyfriend was sober, so I suppose the baby made it home alright. I hope so.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

I like the Mayor of Waxhaw line on the right. Maybe I should run for office to keep WalMart out of my town. Speaking of WalMart, check out my latest post.