Thursday, October 12, 2006

Jeff Gordon Is Really Tall

I've never been a diehard fan of NASCAR, but I do enjoy it. Growing up here I followed it every week, but never really had a favorite driver or anything. When I worked in Mooresville, I got into it a little more since I was covering it every week and spending most of my time in the same town as every driver and crew member. I was certain of one thing, though. I hated Jeff Gordon. He won every week, talked like a big dork, and everyone always thought he was gay. A couple of years ago the ex-lady and good friend Tara started working for him. He was always pretty nice to her and she got a ton of free stuff for working there. Plus, the Christmas parties were always nice and full of free beer. He always had a different model chic who was three to six inches taller than him at all times. I eventually figured he wasn't that bad of a guy. It's race week here in Charlotte, USA which means daily appearance made by drivers for charity or sponsored stuff. Mike Solarte and I ran into #24 yesterday over at the Victory Lane Go-Kart place. Before we interviewed him, Gordon and I had an awkward exchange.


Me: Hey Jeff, my ex-girlfriend used to work for you.

JG: Oh yeah, who's that?

Me: Tara, she worked upstairs.

JG: Oh yeah, I remember her. Wow, your ex-girlfriend and my ex-employee. What's that about? Maybe we should interview you.

A big thanks to Jeff Gordon for giving a thumbs up for Lukemia Research.

No comments: