Monday, October 09, 2006

Crawling, Not Stumbling

I hadn't been to see Brian and Friends at the Rat's Next since his birthday in August. It was a crawl evening, and The Lady had a rare Friday night off so I figured it was a good night for her first Gallery Crawl. It was a chilly Friday night to walk around to Art Galleries, so we only stopped at a couple. Art is awfully expensive these days. Saw a couple of pieces that were 30,000 dollars. That's nuts. We also went to a new store where they have doggie Panther jerseys. We didn't buy one, though.


I don't know that I've ever walked into The Rat's Nest without at least one twelve pack of beer under my arm. It's just the right thing to do. Lately I've been drinking Miller High Life Light and it's been the house beer alongside PBR at The Rat's Nest ever since they opened the doors. I had a twelve pack of the high life as we walked in and Shelia quickly told me that they had hit the big time. Pabst Blue Ribbon now sponsors the store on Gallery Crawl nights. This is a big deal. They provided TEN cases of the most decorated beer in American history for consumption Friday night. The Rat's Nest has officially arrived.

The Loose Lugnuts continued their tradition of being the worst country music cover band in Charlotte. They now have a harmonica player who brings a whole shit load of harmonicas with him. He immediately takes the band to a higher level since he doesn't suck. Notice that sweet PBR sign behind the stage. Mark tries to be a big showoff when he plays guitar. Instead of playing a normal, three fingered, first fret A, he goes way up the neck and bar chords it. I reckon if I was an above average guitar player, I'd do the same thing. Mark recently filled in at lead singer for the Rock Hill based Truckstop Preachers. They typically don't suck so I suppose Mark doesn't either.

Brian continued his streak of wearing a gay shirt. That's a shame because that sweet hat has been signed by multiple country legends including Willie Nelson and Gene Freakin' Watson. At least it wasn't a pink shirt.

I really, really need to head over there more often. I've never had a bad time at The Rat's Nest.

No comments: