Thursday, September 07, 2006

Alan Arkin and a Beauty Pageant

Sunday evening we traveled over to the new Ballantyne Village Theater. This theater is great. It's brand new, and they sell beer than you can take into the movie with you. All they show is indie flicks, which is fine with me as long as they don't suck. So far, I've seen two movies there that didn't suck. Thank You For Smoking, and on Sunday, Little Miss Sunshine. Steve Carell, Greg Kinnear, and Alan Arkin are in the cast which meant I'd almost certainly like it and I did. I like Carell from his early days on The Daily Show and now on The Office. I like Alan Arkin from tons of old flicks, and my favorite days of Kinnear were when he hosted Talk Soup in the early 90's. The movie is about a nine year old girl who's not way pretty that competes in a beauty pageant. The entire family takes a road trip and The climax in this movie is pee your pants funny and involves white people doing goofy dances. Go see it, you'll like it.

No comments: