Friday, September 15, 2006


If you don't have satellite radio, I highly recommend it. I've had Sirius for more than two years and it has been no less than life changing for me. My favorite thing about it is the new bands I hear on some of the channels. These are bands I likely would never hear of if it weren't for Sirius.

Reading the Amps 11 magazine Wednesday I noticed that two bands I wanted to see were both playing Thursday night. Starsailor was playing at Amos' and Reverend Horton Heat was playing at Visulite. I've heard Starsailor on Sirius and thought they were decent, but I really liked the lead singer's voice. It's got that 'aching' quality that I think adds a lot to music, like he honestly believes what he's singing. I've seen Reverend Horton Heat three or four times and they always whip ass. When the play here it's typically a good crowd and they never suck. However, they are here every three or four months it seems so I decided to go see Starsailor. When I walked in, I realized I may have made a mistake and hurt some friend's feelings. I know that choosing this show ever the Rev dissapoints some folks I know. The entire Wilson family probably thinks I'm gay, and so did I for a few minutes after I walked in. There were about 75 people there. I was likely the coolest guy up in there, and I'm not really all that cool. It was at that point I decided to start looking for things that would make the concert less gay. The lead singer had on a sweet ass t-shirt that said, 'In Keef We Trust' compete with an artistic rendition of Keith Richards, so that was cool. Also, I found out that the band got their name from an old Tim Buckley album, so that's cool, too. Anyway, despite the weak crowd, they were extremely loud. I like lound bands. I think the majority of bands should double their volume at all times.


Starsailor was solid. They didn't suck. I'll still be accused of being gay since Rev. Horton Heat was playing around the corner. Oh well. At least I got a sweet picture of this dude's bald mullett.

I'm off to Atlanta. I'll let ya'll know how it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satellite radio sux.
Terrestial radio is cool. Local AM radio news especially rocks!

Yesh!