Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Gas at Wal-Mart

Went to the brand new and shockingly pleasant Super Wal-Mart in Belmont this evening. I bought a CD for The Lady and quickly wondered who the hell buys compact discs anymore? Anyway, I paid, walked out to my trusty satellite news gathering unit and was on my way to a filling station to top off the tank when I noticed a gas station in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I'd never seen one before so I rolled over there to see if they accepted my trusty Wright Express gas card and indeed they did. It was $2.56 a gallon which was a pedestrian three cents less than the competition in town.

Evidently Wal-Mart is doing so well that they don't care if you steal gas. It is nice to be trusted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, let me start off by saying that Wal-Mart is the DEVIL!!! I was very much against this Wal-Mart coming into my town, but somehow I have found myself going there once or twice a week since they opened. It's just hard to escape it's power. It's a minute drive from the house, cheaper than Target (still love Target though) and you can get anything on earth there (including cheap gas).