Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Sister Doesn't Suck

Not only did she take pictures at the wedding, but she also didn't lose her camera. Only an asshole would lose their sweet Sony T7 digital camera. I'm going to give it until the weekend. It's killing me.

Anyway, the wedding was spectacular. Two of my oldest and closest friends fell in love and went and got married. Shawn and Jenny FINALLY started dating for real four or five years ago and he proposed about a year ago. They wrestled with the idea of having the wedding on Shawn's family farm for several months and eventually decided a church didn't fit them. Not because they hate Jesus or anything, but because the farm fits both of them so well. Their families(and Pete Kaliner) spent literally hundreds of hours in the last several months getting this farm ready and it showed. Everything was so well thought out and nothing went wrong. It was amazing.

I spent a little time with Jenny the night before the wedding, and I was with Shawn much of the wedding day up until the actual wedding. Both of them were completely themselves. Not a hint of nervousness was leaking from either of them. Their families, too. I realized that they weren't nervous because the two of them getting married was absolutely right and I couldn't be happier. It's ridiculous how wonderful Saturday was.


If you lost the heads of The Lady and I, this was the view from the top of the hill at the farm. The ceremony was right here. Whatever direction you looked, you could see a good portion of Stanly County and the greater Oakboro area. The song Christy and I put together went well I suppose. Everyone said it was good, but I don't know anyone there who would have told me it sucked. Actually, Pete would have told me it sucked, but he only asked me if I'd ever sang at a wedding before. Hmmm, perhaps it did suck.

I'm glad they are married. Saturday is one of the better days I've had.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, your song did not suck.
-Pete

(And yes, I would've told if it had.)

Anonymous said...

He couldn't say it sucked, b/c his girlfriend wrote it. But his girlfriend thinks you did a GREAT job. :)

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOO not true.

Sort of.


-Pete

Anonymous said...

the hatleys are honeymooning in the san juan islands off of washington state, stopping to email only to read adam's blog. you are the best! glad you could celebrate this important day with us, especially since you watched the decade of foreplay leading up to it!