Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nathan and Beer

I'm really enjoying this blog because it lets me tell you about people I just met, or people I already know. I love people. I really do. Even people that suck are interesting.


The Lady had a hankering for a beverage Monday evening after work so we stopped in at a place called Big Ben's British Pub over in Myers Park. I've never eaten there, but the beer is quite good. They've got a big assed patio with a bunch of tables out front.
We got there about 11 and there were four people at one table, then us at another. Nathan came out to see what we wanted to drink. All he did was ask for our order and you could tell he was a good person. I'm sure he was ready to shut down the bar, but he seemed genuinely glad we were there and made us feel welcome. Nathan is the kind of guy that makes me glad to be alive just so I can meet him, even if it's only taking our order and bringing us beers. Genuinely warm people make life great.

No comments: