Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Old Friends Doing Well


Candy is one of my oldest friends. We met in the high school chorus ten years ago and used to be real close. I'm not sure why. I was your typical church going, no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, no sex having 16 year old. She was your typical non church going, drinking, smoking, drug using, very sexually active 15 year old. For some reason we got along great and hung out a lot. She taught me a lot back then. She helped me realize that a lot of the weird people at school that had bleached hair, weird makeup, and wore 311 t-shirts before 311 was cool weren't bad people. In fact, a lot of them were great people. Those were good days.

Ater high school, Candy and I sporadically kept in touch. A random phone call here and there. I always knew she worked at City Chevrolet running marketing or something, but I never stopped by to say hello. A few months ago I got a random email from her. Evidently I'd been deleting emails from her band, The Situationals. I didn't know that was her band, but I'd gotten on their email list somehow. It was good to get back in touch.


She's doing great. So good in fact that she's officially changed her name to Candice. She's with a nice guy who seems to be treating her well which is a nice change for her. She's been with the band for quite a while and they had their CD release party Sunday night at The Spot. The band really sounded pretty good, and I'm not just saying that because she's the lead singer. I didn't stay for too long. I had several beverages at the game and by 10:00, they were taking it's toll on this 27 year old body. I didn't take these pictures, but a big thanks to whoever did.

No comments: