Monday, September 04, 2006

Waxhaw Doesn't Suck

I'm not sure why, but I've really wanted to get up early on a Saturday and go somewhere I haven't been in a while where a farmer's market may be. Saturday we got up early(and by early, I mean about 10) put the top down on The Lady's bug, and rolled south down Providence Road for about twenty minutes until we got to Waxhaw. My old friend Mike runs Crossroads Coffee Shop there so we dropped in for a cup. He wasn't there, but we had a good time sitting on the front porch and chatting with some ladies on their way to a Red Hat meeting. After coffee we walked across the street to the Farmer's Market. I don't know why I like Farmer's Markets. I don't even like vegetables. I suppose I enjoy the idea of local folks growing crops then selling it to local people. A blast from the past or something I reckon.
We left there and took a quick tour of the downtown area. It's got a lot of old charm that makes it real neat. Lots of antique shops, a couple of pet stores, a hot dog shop, and a real nice restaurant called Rippington's. They weren't playing any smooth jazz, though.

We'll be returning to Waxhaw again. I liked it a lot. I'd live there if it wasn't so far from Charlotte.

No comments: