Monday, August 07, 2006

Back to My Roots

I worked on the morning shift for damn near two years. Tuesday thru Saturday, 4am-1pm. It sucked. Well, actually it wasn't that bad. It was nice being off early every day, but I have trouble going to bed early. I was due in Saturday at 5. Nothing coffee couldn't fix. I headed out to an early murder on the east side. Normal motel shooting thanks to a botched armed robbery attempt.
I left there and headed to the Carolina Panthers FanFest 5k Run. I've shot it in years past and there was a good crowd, but there were a TON of people there this year. Here they are running west on Morehead St. crossing McDowell.

The field was highlighted by my old friend Mark Meeks. He started running a few months ago to lose weight. He's always been known as Big Mark, but if he keeps it up, I've no doubt he'll soon be Little Mark. It really wasn't all that bad working on a Saturday again.

No comments: