Friday, August 18, 2006

To The Right! To The Right!


Robin Hayes represents the 8th district of North Carolina in the House. He was at the station yesterday for an interview. I asked him for a picture telling him that I got one of Mel Watt a couple of weeks ago and I was looking to balance it out. He replied, 'You may need three pictures of me to balance out with Congressman Watt.'

I like Robin Hayes. Sure, he tows the party line 100 percent of the time and I don't know that he's ever publicly disagreed with Bush, then voted accordingly. However, I've seen him call US Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta a handsome young fella at a press conference, and he once told me that growing up in the country was what it's all about.

Hayes is a part of the Cannon family, which means he's a gozillionaire. But he does some good things with his money, even if you don't agree with him politically(which I often don't, mainly because he's all Bush all the time.)

Most important, he's just as happy to talk to a photographer when we are sans reporter.

No comments: