Friday, August 04, 2006

More to Come

We left Sonoma, hooked a left on Church St. and hauled ass to the Gin Mill. We met up with the usual media night crowd up on the roof. It was a big warm up there, but the beers kept us cool. A good crowd was there. The picture is of the ones who closed down the bar. My sister came down from Concord, and my good friends the Wilson family rolled over, too. It really was a great birthday. I tried to remember last years birthday, and I can't. I think maybe we played poker or something? I really don't know. I don't normally pay much attention to my own birthdays. I don't accept gifts very well because I enjoy giving them so much. I sincerely enjoyed this one.
Holly poured every one of my birthday pints. You can see the one there on the bar, she pours a fine beer.

My old co-worker Ron also came out. We share the same birthday, so it was nice to see him. He's over at WBTV now. Ron's also the person that called Jim Travers and I in Vegas last year and said, "Hey, where are you? I'm in a limo, we're coming to get you to go to the strip club!!" Unfortunately, Jim and I were at the Flamingo and had each suffered a rather large loss at the blackjack tables, so we couldn't go. I hope I never have to say, "Ron, I'm sorry. We can't get in the limo and go to the strip club," ever again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now the truth comes out. It wasn't my fault you didn't go to the nudie bar. You fuckers were too damn broke.

Anonymous said...

Damn. That shouldn't have been anonymous.

Kenneth said...

Adam, Happy Birthday. You should have told me out at the bank robbery that it was your birthday. I know I'm a little late on the wish but it was a busy week for me. Thanks for the picture of the lovely ladies. I have a funny story about Brittany I will post later.