Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dining Fine


I've always thought that working on your birthday really wasn't that big of a deal. I've done it for years. But the lady thought it was enough of a deal that she took the day off. That was awfully nice of her. I left work and went to her place and we opened presents. It was an elaborate setup with a gift and three cards that were in a particular order. I even got a card from her dog complete with a dog signature. She got me a Miller High Life belt buckle. That whips ass because I used to have one that I wore all the time and I lost it. This one is actually cooler because it's old. I will keep pants on my ass for many years to come!

We left there and headed uptown for dinner at Sonoma. I'd never been there so it was exciting. It's a big wine place so of course I ordered a beer and she a drink. We started with a couple of crab cakes, moved onto some angel hair pasta with shrimp and also a king salmon filet. It was all quite good. A gentleman named Namir was our waiter and he was so good, that when we go back, we'll request him again. He talked us into a blueberry dessert that was sort of cheesecakeish. It didn't suck.

Oh, and I received permission to post picture of the lady showing her entire face! Oh, my! That's us at the aforementioned Sonoma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy b'day, dude.