Monday, August 14, 2006

Football is Here! God Bless America!

DISCLAIMER: I'M AN ASSHOLE AND FORGOT MY CAMERA TO DOCUMENT THE WEEKEND. MY BAD. THANKS TO MIKE SOLARTE AND NEWS14CHARLOTTE.COM FOR THESE PANTHER PICS. Saturday was glorious right from the start. I was greeted in the morning with beauty, a kiss, and a declaration that it was 'effing cold' outside. Some of you know that I love chilly weather. It puts me in a giddy mood. Like a school girl or something. It's damned embarrassing. Anyway, I got up, hopped in the truck, rolled down the windows, and enjoyed the ride home. I did some laundry, helped my dad fix the gazebo on their deck, and picked up a twelve pack of Miller High Life Light, and a twelve pack of Miller Lite for The Lady, then drove back to her place to pick her up. We got to our usual tailgating location behind the station to meet up with Mark and Jim. We were running a bit behind(my fault), that meant we were behind on beer drinking, too. The Lady made some fake ham and tofurkey hoagies that actually didn't suck, so we ate those and then headed down to hang out with her parents and their friends for a while.

We then began the hunt for tickets. I've got regular season tickets, but none for the preseason. I used to scalp all of the time back when we really weren't that great. I never paid more than twenty dollars for a ticket, even the good ones. I've seen U2 for twenty, Springsteen for five bucks, Elvis Costello for ten and many others for ridiculous prices. We got some decent second row seats in the upper deck for twenty bucks. It was the first guy we asked so we could have done a lot better but since starters only play one series in the presaging, it's important to be there for kickoff.

We won 14-13. Our starters looked good. Most of the reserves didn't look terrific.

I had a blast at the game. Seeing The Lady get excited at the game was great. I can't tell everyone how wonderful it is enjoying a football game with a woman who loves football just as much as I do. She was screaming and jumping up and down and going crazy. I stopped for a second, looked down at the field, then at her going gonzo, and realized that life is a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

you really sound like you are in love