Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Hear Miami's a Nice Place in February

The Lady and I got up at 6:30 Monday morning. She made peanut butter sandwiches and we hit the road to Spartanburg, SC and home of the Carolina Panthers training camp. Normally the girls I end up liking hate football and think it's stupid. The Lady happens to LOVE football and the Panthers just as much as I do, and it is absolutely badass.
I wanted to go to camp to get a look at some new players. She wanted to go to see the players up close. We did both, and once practice was finished, she got a bunch of autographs. She also got Jake Delhomme's signature which nearly made her head explode from excitement.
With my job, I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of celebrities and view sporting events from the playing field all over the country. So, when I see famous people or athletes, it's not a huge deal to me. Seeing her go bananas with these players made my day.

Go Panthers.

No comments: