Thursday, August 17, 2006

Verticut City, Utah

I love to cut grass. I used to do it all summer long when I was growing up. I cut fairways at Charles T. Myers golf course for a summer. I got really good at it. I used to get really pissed off when it didn't look good after I cut it.

I suppose I got it from my Dad. He's very meticulous about their yard. He and Mom have spent thousands of hours in the yard over the last fifteen years and it really does look great. The last few times they have gone out of town he's paid someone to do cut the grass for him. I always wondered why he didn't just ask me to do it. I guess he probably thought that I didn't want to be bothered with it, so he never asked. This time, I offered and he said it was fine.

I prefer a push mower because it looks better, but I rode around on the tractor for a little under and hour and did an alright job. I was out of practice, so it wasn't my best work, but it still looked pretty good. Next time, it will be better. I love to cut grass.

No comments: