Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Going Out is Safe

As you can see, kids prefer brand new medivac helicopters over a broadcast quality television camera.

Last night was National Night Out. It's where people get together in their neighborhoods, cookout, and talk about how much criminals suck. It happens all over the nation. Somehow, in my more than four years in news, last night was the first National Night Out I've covered. I went to two different celebrations. The first was in Huntersville where I lived and worked for three years. I got to know lots of people good folks while I was up there. CJ Jones was one of them. We used to check out high school chicks at North Meck high school when I was down there shooting games and he was the resource officer for the Huntersville P.D. He's over at Hopewell now, likely still checking out high school chicks behind his standard police issue sunglasses. I met Jones when he was single and using his police ID to get into The Paper Doll for free. Now he's got two kids! It's good to see old friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've seen that cop get a lapdance in my living room. That's just hilarious.