Monday, August 07, 2006

No Fireworks in Cherryville

A big assed crane ran into a building Friday in Cherryville. Cherryville is a LONG way away. I had no idea how far away it was. It's in Gaston County, but it may as well be Lincolnton or Shelby. Anyway, rolled down for a live shot at five. Brittany was late, so all we did was a standup. I was a little mad since it was Friday and I had to work at 5 am the next day. And I really enjoy Friday evening beverages after work as many of you know. I was SUPER tired(I know, Waaahhhh!!!) already on Friday since the lady convinced me to hang out for a while Thursday night, plus the debauchery from the birthday evening. So I was just gonna go home early and go to bed.....
But after hearing that beers were being had uptown, I headed that general direction to meet Jim and Mark. Connolly's was pleasantly empty and the pints there are always exceptional. We had two there, and of course that meant we had to have one more at the Gin Mill.
On the way to my truck from Connolly's, I saw a band playing at the corner of Trade and Tryon. It was good to see some culture in uptown Charlotte, USA.

We met up with Jim Cramp who had a pass for the evening. I left the Mill and went home after one beer. That wasn't easy.

No comments: