Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shake and Bake




Sunday afternoon is a great time to see a movie, so the lady and I met Mark and Jim for an afternoon showing of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Since most of this movie was shot right here in Charlotte, USA, I was pretty excited about it. Oh, and Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and the people that wrote Anchorman is a dynamite combination.

It was terrific. Lots of laughs that will only get better as I see it my tenth and eleventh time. I spent too much time trying to figure out where in Charlotte everything was, but other than that, the movie didn't suck. They even had a big assed cardboard cutout to take pictures with.

You'll especially enjoy the movie if you chew Big Red, and enjoy the music of Elvis Costello and Mos Def.

No comments: