Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You Can Never Have Too Birthday Parties

After Ricky Bobby we rolled over to the folks house for the family and close friends birthday celebration. It consisted of the usual chicken casserole, corn souffle, and, new for 2006, fried okra. I was the only one in attendance who didn't eat it, but everyone else loves it. Anyway, the attendees included Mom, Dad, Anna, The Lady, Jenny, Shawn, Tim, Tabitha, Broders, and Christy. Pete Kaliner wasn't there.
We told stories, many of them had been told before, but we all laughed anyway. It's great to have all of those people there, but it's better because my parents enjoy it so much. I think they sometimes feel left out of our lives and this a great way for them to be in it. Of course, as you may have read in this particular blog, it's not always a good thing for mom to see too much of my life.
It was also the first time that The Lady met my parents.

They responded with,'We like her a lot. She seems to be just a delightful person.'

She responded,'I love their fried okra.'

Sunday didn't suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You bastard! My first mention on your blog, and it's a reference to my absence!?
That's low, dude.

Low.