Thursday, August 17, 2006

Love and Marriage

I really didn't want to go out Wednesday night. I got little sleep Monday and Tuesday night and I was beat. So, I went home after work yesterday, took a two and a half our nap, and rallied to to the Gin Mill. It was a pretty good crowd, none of whom were my coworkers. WBTV has really taken the lead in bringing a bunch of people out to Media Night. We need to get better. As soon as I walked in, I noticed that all of the taps were covered. Nobody deserves to walk into their bar and see that draft won't be served. It was cruel. I walked to the bar, was informed that they were out of CO2, and quickly ordered a PBR. I'd almost forgotten how good PBR is.

Mark Campbell was there for the second consecutive night. He informed me that he spent Tuesday evening there because some nasty storms knocked out his power. Mark's a real trooper.
You may know Molly Grantham from WBTV. I think she anchors the weekend shows down the street. I'd know for sure, but I can honestly say I haven't watched a weekend newscast in months. She was part of the large WBTV contigent and was accompanied by her fiancee Wes. They are recently engaged. Evidently they've been dating a for a few years and he just moved to Charlotte USA from Kentucky. They look rediculously happy.Look at that rock! I did't ask how many carats, but it's an antique. I saw no less than six women walk by Molly and give her a nasty look after they saw that diamond.
Colonel Corn(http://colonelcornscamera.blogspot.com/) and Kevin from WCNC made it out for their first media night. You may notice Ken holding a PBR. That's not actually his. He was on call, thus no drinking. He didn't want to be photographed at a bar without a beer, so I let him hold mine for the picture.

Ken told me he only drinks Miller High Life anyway.

No comments: