Friday, July 14, 2006

At the Coffee Cup


Charlotte has a terrific restaurant near Bank of America Stadium(where your Carolina Panthers whip people's asses) called The Coffee Cup. This morning I met an old friend there. I got there at 8:00, walked in and there were about 25 people inside. I was one of the two white people in there. This is typical, it's a black owned venue that has been around since the 50's, and part of the reason I enjoy going there. People say that Price's Chicken Coop is the best fried chicken in Charlotte, but you need to drive about a mile the Coffee Cup and try theirs. It's my personal favorite. I didn't get chicken and waffles, but I did get some cheese on my grits. Oh, my!

Update-3:47 pm -- I am a relatively healthy eater. Since my dad's had two heart attacks, my grandmother has three or four stents, my dad's parents both died young of heart problems, I figure eating well is the right thing to do. So when I eat two pieces of bacon, grits with cheese, and two eggs, I feel like shit. Today I feel horrible. I didn't even eat lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is what it's like inside your head. Hmm, roomy place! :)

Miss you... and the fried chicken!

Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the Coffee Cup's new promotion? Free Lipitor with any meal.

Anonymous said...

Tell Gardine I said hello and that I haven't found anything like the Cup in ATL.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://google-machine.info/1145.html or http://google-index.info/1367.html and http://googleindex.info/268.html