Monday, July 24, 2006

Lakes are for Fishing


Mountain Island Lake on the Gaston-Mecklenburg Co. line has had a couple of drownings lately. Evidently some folks think it's a good idea to fish in the middle of a lake, take a break, then go for a swim. That actually seems like a fine idea to me, but I can swim. Evidently these folks can't, but tried their damndest. Bless their hearts. http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/headlines/?SecID=41&ArID=123923

So, on Friday I took a little trip to Gastonia to talk to the water rescue folks down there. Real good people who really feel terrible when they can't save someone's life. They are also really honking frustrated because both drownings could have been prevented VERY easily. They also have a SCAT Unit down at Gaston Rescue. They tell me it's their Structural Collapse and Terror unit. I told them to keep telling people that, and that I was cool and wouldn't say anything.

No comments: